In the end, what did your house cost to build ?

Anything to do with prices. Raw material prices or prices for finished material (or labor such as well drilling). Project prices (how much will it cost??), etc.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

In the end, what did your house cost to build ?

Postby maggy » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:31 am

Just a bit curious, what did your thai house cost to build and did you really keep within budget??
maggy

Re: In the end, what did your house cost to build ?

Postby fredlk » Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:19 am

More than 3 million Baht and no not really because there wasn't a budget.
(I count the groundworks as part of the price of building.)
fredlk

Postby lauren » Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:35 am

I am new to the forum. Have you been willing to show pictures of this 3 million project? If so, where can I find them. We are in the discussion stages for a duplex for mothers/children, big enough to house 4 mums with their child/children on each side. Thai style, not western. Any ideas on what amount would be too much to pay for that? I am thinking since the land is already owned and their are existing buildings on the property that it shouldn't be more than 700,000-1 million baht, but need some experienced builders input.
lauren

Postby fredlk » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:44 am

lauren wrote:Have you been willing to show pictures of this 3 million project?

See http://www.coolthaihouse.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1698.
fredlk

Postby pattayapope » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:33 am

Lauren

For simple Thai style using cinder blocks and corregated roof you would be looking at 2000 baht m2 up to 4000 baht m2 depending on the finish. If you know your floor area you can estimate what you can build within your budget. I have some Thai frends in Kanchanaburi who had a simple house with 7 bedrooms, 3 bathtooms lounge and kitchen built about 260 m2 for around 800,000 baht. It has fully tiled bathrooms and kitchen and suspended ceilings, electrical wiring in run on top of the wall but looks neat.

If I can find a picture I will post it.
pattayapope

Postby sezze » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:17 pm

Agreed on previous post .
Simple buildingplans with standard available materials are cheap . The more exotic you go , the steeper the price gets . Single story is cheaper then multiple story . Cinter ( concrete ) blocks are cheaper then other types . Western toilets go from roughly 1000 baht to 100.000 . Sinks from a few 100 to 10k and up .Tiles from 100 baht to several 1000 per sqm . The list goes on and on and on many items the qualitydifference is not that huge or even unexistant .
sezze

Return to material prices & building costs