catalogues online

Anything to do with prices. Raw material prices or prices for finished material (or labor such as well drilling). Project prices (how much will it cost??), etc.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Re: catalogues online

Postby Roger Ramjet » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:52 pm

Bill and Fred,
There's only one problem with that, my wife searches in Thai, my daughter searches in Thai, English and French and I just search; hence we would be forever changing the preferences.
Google are actually facing massive law suits over just this problem they created - read Bangkok Post Database - because they are hijacking your computer without your knowledge or consent. My firewall on the inferior PC blocks Google the whole time because Google wants to go online to "update" itself, yet it is not a designated web browser/search engine in my case, so why would it want to do that?
I actually asked a friend with 4 Masters' Degrees in IT who teaches at a university about the reasons: He said they "mine" data so they know where you go, when you go and what you look at no matter which web browser you use, they then pass this onto their paying customers for advertising purposes, hence the spam, spam and more spam advertisements that we all hate.
I've never had a "data miner" on any computers I've owned because I hate spam and that is why I don't use Google, other than for quick searches. For an inferior PC the whizzes recommend two bot searchers, a firewall, a router and antivirus software. iMacs haven't attracted that sort of "insurance" yet, but I think they may do so in the future with their current sales.
Roger Ramjet

Re: catalogues online

Postby sezze » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:09 am

Another with prices , quite extensive and certainly better then the very partial Homepro one.
http://www.onestockhome.com/
www.boonthavorn.com ( only bathroom/kitchen and more expensive but a lot of it ) .
sezze

Previous

Return to material prices & building costs