price quotation and looking for some good sources

Anything to do with prices. Raw material prices or prices for finished material (or labor such as well drilling). Project prices (how much will it cost??), etc.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

price quotation and looking for some good sources

Postby wanna » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:38 am

hi i got the following quotation january from a supposedly cheap and good dealer in sikkhio(somewhere near chokchai/ sungnoen) and would like to have some comments on the pricing:

stone 450 /q
sand 380 /q

rebar:

4 hun 180
3 hun 100
2 hun 60
5 hun 280

also am looking for the following materials for price comparison:

good quality red brick for decorative wall(saraburi?)
chang cement(the trumpeting elephant/ not the 1 from siam cement, understand there's only 1 dealer in kort city, true?)

thanks
wanna

Re: price quotation and looking for some good sources

Postby DrDave » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:15 am

The price of steel fluctuates as the prices in the commodity markets change. There was a big difference in price between 4th quarter of 2008, and 1st quarter of 2009. Also be aware that there are different grades for the same style of steel ('A', 'B', 'C'), with corresponding prices. Generally speaking, the heavier the piece is per meter, the better the grade, and the more expensive. Sometimes the pieces are stamped with the grade, and sometimes not. Your dealer should be able to quote you the weight per meter (or piece).

You can refer to the spreadsheet I posted here http://www.coolthaihouse.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1487 for the actual prices I paid recently (March/April 2009) for all the items you mentioned. This was all purchased in Phayao (near Chiang Rai).
DrDave

Re: price quotation and looking for some good sources

Postby wanna » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:02 pm

thanks for the info Doc

the part about the grade and stamping should come in useful

regards
wanna

Return to material prices & building costs