wanted pices update/basic suplies

Anything to do with prices. Raw material prices or prices for finished material (or labor such as well drilling). Project prices (how much will it cost??), etc.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

wanted pices update/basic suplies

Postby geordie » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:39 am

hi guys?gals i dont know if anyone other than jazzman is in the chayapum area with knowledge of suppliers
I am looking for the large 6" 8" cinder blocks/concrete blocks and any current prices paid for the following with an idea where to buy
6"" 8"" blocks as above
Somone mentioned pro-blocks as a cheap alternative to supablocks
concrete vibrator
chop / cut off saw for steel
steel box 100x50x3.5
Recent price for cpac
foil insulation for roof
gypsum board for ceiling
wheelbarrow?
I know all these prices are available in differen areast on the forum but some of them are
quite old and fluctuating like mad at the moment
Also details of local suppliers are not in there other than khon khaen which is quite a trek over two hours

I am starting against my better judgment to build a bungalow for mum in law and have both limited budget limited time the project starts 8th dec if its not too mutch of a disaster i will post in january i take a laptop every year but have to date never managed to link to internet ??? hopefully the shop in the town may be workin but has a habit of goin off line for three weeks at a time

thanks in anticipation
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Re: wanted pices update/basic suplies

Postby jazzman » Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:24 pm

Purchased (some of these items) this week 50 Km from Khon Kaen:

I am looking for the large 6" 8" cinder blocks/concrete blocks and any current prices paid for the following with an idea where to buy: 3.50 each Every village has a brickworks.
Somone mentioned pro-blocks as a cheap alternative to supablocks
concrete vibrator: Don't know what you want this for on your projected build, but will cost from 3,000 to 15,000 baht depending on the quality, the power of the motor, and the length of the snout. GlobalHouse, KhonKaen, or ToolsProPlus, udon Thani. I have two, a long one and a short one. If you really need one for a short time I can do a deal for some more cheese.
chop / cut off saw for steel: Cheap 14" one that will last for three houses and 11 pools: 2,700 baht. Fibre discs 85 baht each. GlobalHouse, KhonKaen. Use about 6 discs for one house.
steel box 100x50x3.5 : 3,2 actually. 520 to 590 baht per 6 m length.
You'll also need some 100 x 50 C-section, cheaper, 490 per legth.
Recent price for cpac: for what you need, 1,400 per cubic metre.
foil insulation for roof: 50 baht per sq.m. HomePro own brand. proprietary brand same quality 85 baht per sq. m.
gypsum board for ceiling: didn't buy any recently, but extremely cheap - so cheap you can leave it out of the calculation.
wheelbarrow? about 750 baht - they are lousy and drop to pieces after a while, but you can weld bits on them to patch them up, and buy new wheels. Only get a wheel with a solid tyre.
You may need a concrete mixer: 25,000 baht, but your workman will either have one or know where to hire one very cheaply. Hire charges can be ludicrous at 1,000 baht per day if they know it's for a farang, but generally as little as 1,000 baht per month.
You'll also need two large packs of 3.2 welding electrodes at 385 baht per pack.
You'll probably also need some DB12, 110 baht per 10 m length.
A welding machine is very heavy and expensive for just one project. Your builder will either have one, or you can try to hire or borrow one from the village motorcycle repair shop. Cost to buy: 4,500 +
How to build a $20,000 / £14,000 house and a $???? MOTEL Updated 21 March 09 - with BOQ and costs
Don't let this happen in YOUR house.
jazzman

Postby geordie » Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:59 pm

jazzman to the rescue again deapest thanks bike shop is next house
how mutch cheese we talking here i want to vibrate the footings compacts it better
rebar has recent price
box metal i can now work on
the shed is to be pillarless and in the village i have only seen the small blocks???
the foil price is cheap might ship some home
welding rods i missed as did i miss the c section
chop saw looks very cheap and its got to be quicker than a 4" grinder/hacksaw
wheelbarow looks good £25 here
anything on pro block mentioned in one of the topick from home mart???

cheers geordie
geordie

Postby jazzman » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:55 pm

geordie wrote:jazzman to the rescue again deapest thanks...
... anything on pro block mentioned in one of the topick from home mart??? cheers geordie

I seriously think the luxury of ProBlock or similar is OTT for the kind of 'simple shed' you have in mind. Breezeblock is hugely cheaper and will do fine, we use it for proper houses, and all the houses on housing estates a re made from it or from the small, extremely labour instensive and mortar costly red bricks. There will be a brick factory near you, It's just a question of knowing how to find it. You'll also need a couple of cu of sand - I guess about 5 at around 300 bat per cu, some gravel, about 3 cu at about 350 baht per cu, and 35 bags of standard 'boon kiouw' cement, and about 20 bags of 'boon daeng' portland cement. Since the cost of petrol has dropped, the price of a bag of cement has dropped too. Boon kiouw around 105 baht per bag, boon daeng about 115 baht. If you are doing any rendering you'll need more sharp sand, several 40 Kg bags of boon tschap, and about 5 litres of plasticiser (99 baht). We don't bother vibrating the footings and beams here for light jobs. We find that hand stirring the concrete rapidly with a stick or a hoe gets most of the bubbles out. We use the vibrators on swimming pools where enormous strength is required from the thick, large spans of concrete and the deep footings...

geordie wrote:the shed is to be pillarless and in the village i have only seen the small blocks???
See how to build ground beams here
Last edited by jazzman on Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
How to build a $20,000 / £14,000 house and a $???? MOTEL Updated 21 March 09 - with BOQ and costs
jazzman

Postby jazzman » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:51 am

Deleted: double post.
jazzman

Postby geordie » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:51 am

how to find anything in thailand is always a problem usually met with no have i will be going for the cheapest simpilist build i can with the knowlege that the main benificiary is her brothers however may look at adding a problock liner to one of the bedrooms for me all services will probably be surface as they will not maintain what they can see let alone what they cannot see (one rice store with walls please)
geordie

Return to material prices & building costs