Price of Q Blocks

Anything to do with prices. Raw material prices or prices for finished material (or labor such as well drilling). Project prices (how much will it cost??), etc.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Re: Price of Q Blocks

Postby giri » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:32 pm

Didn't know that (re loadbearing), in the UK 4" AAC were classed as load bearing maybe because they were tied into the external brickwork. As it happens I was looking at the site for pcc yesterday evening when thier rep turned up but wouldn't give me any quotes for any of thier products would you believe but left me with some brochures.
giri

Postby MGV12 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:52 pm

giri wrote:Didn't know that (re loadbearing), in the UK 4" AAC were classed as load bearing maybe because they were tied into the external brickwork. As it happens I was looking at the site for pcc yesterday evening when thier rep turned up but wouldn't give me any quotes for any of thier products would you believe but left me with some brochures.

Agree wholeheartedly ... 10cm blocks used on the inner skin of cavity wall construction support the complete roof load. Here they will not warrant less than 20cm for load-bearing walls [that's all suppliers I believe not just PCC] but insist they manufacture exactly the same as Hebel; which are load-bearing at 10cm in the UK.

Strange initially that the rep wouldn't give you prices but it may well be to do with the raft of price increases that are due to hit Thailand over the next few days ... can't buy a bottle of cooking oil over the counter in Maejo due to the 9Baht increase that has been approved on palm oil products causing wholesalers to sit on their stock.

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby BKKBILL » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:16 pm

BKKBILL wrote:These have been this price for a few months now at homeworks here in BKK. Forgot to measure them but would guess 20x60x7.5

Went by homeworks yesterday and the price was reduced to 16.5 in BKK.
Attachments
file-1.jpg
file-1.jpg (18.05 KiB) Viewed 726 times
file.jpg
Yesterday 16.5
file.jpg (23.65 KiB) Viewed 726 times
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
BKKBILL

Postby Roger Ramjet » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:33 pm

Bill,
That's the price Thaiwatsadu at Ban Ba Thong gave me (16.5) and seems to be the standard price at this time.
Roger Ramjet

Previous

Return to material prices & building costs