Price of Q Blocks

Anything to do with prices. Raw material prices or prices for finished material (or labor such as well drilling). Project prices (how much will it cost??), etc.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Re: Price of Q Blocks

Postby Rick B » Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:03 am

Sorry, pklongball, I don't have any blocks to take a picture of. All of the block left over from the house build, we used in the apartment/dormitory we are building. However, the block looks exactly the same as any other block of this type, with dimensions of 50x20x7.5cm.
Rick B

Postby pklongball » Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:58 pm

Here's an update since this morning.

I used Rick's info to call the Problock Co. but no answer on the factory number. Wife said it sounded like it was not even working. She called the Khun that Rick dealt with and reached him. She had a short discussion with him to find out the factory number is different and the web site address.

The Problock factory number is: 035-835161 and the web site is: http://www.Problock.net

Khun discussed the blocks and where we are located. He quoted a price of 11.24 baht per block if the buyer picks up at the factory and 16 baht per block if delivery to our site in Banchang. The only block they make is smaller than the normal AAC block. The Problock measures 20x50x7.2 That means it will take 10 blocks to build a square meter of wall and the Q-con or SmartBlocks will require only 8.33/sqm.

The next stop today was to the local HomeMart in Jometein and talked to them about the actual Q-Con brand rated from Germany. They will deliver to me today for 19.50 baht per block. I have priced SmartBlocks from Chonburi and they would deliver for 19 baht per block. That price was valid a few months ago and I am waiting for the current price.

My need is for 262 sqm of blocks. If my calculator and brain are functioning tonight???

8.33 x 262 = 2182.46 blocks times 19B = 41466.74 baht for SmartBlock

10 x 262 = 2620 blocks times 16B = 41920 baht for Problock

So not much difference to cover the same area with block. I don't have the cost of the mortar to glue them or the labor. But for both should be about the same. I will need to double quantity of blocks as I am intending to build double block walls with a cavity. I am estimating the total for the double walls to be about 110,000 baht including glue and labor. We will be talking to our builder tomorrow about actual pricing so I will have a more exact figure for the walls.

I
The complete picture story of our house build can be found here--My Gallery!
pklongball

Postby jazzman » Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:46 am

And for a reference base line, using breeze block would cost 23,842.
How to build a $20,000 / £14,000 house and a $???? MOTEL Updated 21 March 09 - with BOQ and costs
Don't let this happen in YOUR house.
jazzman

Postby Rick B » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:00 pm

pklongball, looks like you've done your homework well. It also looks like I benefitted by living close to the ProBlock factory as my actual price was 12 baht/block delivered to my building site. Also remember, when estimating the mortar and rendering costs for the different kinds of block, ProBlock uses regular cement for mortar and rendering, not a special, more expensive mortar or rendering cement like some of the other blocks require. Lastly, and I'm sure you already figured this when estimating the amount of block you will use, remember to deduct the areas where block will not be required, such as where you have doors and windows. This can add up to more than "a few" blocks.
Rick B

Postby jazzman » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:19 pm

Rick B wrote:For comparison purposes for those pricing different blocks, I bought ProBlock in March 2008 at 12 baht/block. I bought direct from the factory in Ang Thong. I arranged the delivery direct from the factory through my local Home Mart since ProBlock is associated with Home Mart. At the same time, the list price in HomeMart per block was 14 baht... Anyone considering using these kind of blocks instead of the regular cinder blocks should seriously consider ProBlock over Q-Con or Super Block or any other brands. They are cheaper and very effective.

Hi Rick,
By no stretch of the imagination can anything in Thailand be cheaper and less labour intensive than the Thai 'breezeblocks'. The price information you provided in your own posting is contradictory. Although nobody on CTH deliberately posts misleading information, several members have requested photos of what bricks are being discussed in order to avoid more confusion and duplication.

The bricks and blocks thread is here: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=281&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=15 and it has recently been updated - with photos.
How to build a $20,000 / £14,000 house and a $???? MOTEL Updated 21 March 09 - with BOQ and costs
Don't let this happen in YOUR house.
jazzman

Postby dolly llama » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:27 am

Can anyone post current prices for the following brands per block and per sq mtr ??? Dimensions of the various blocks seem to vary a bit so that info would be appreciated also...

1) Q-Con

2) Superblock

3) Pro block

4) Smart block

5) Cpac AAC

Thanks
dolly llama

Postby 147SAG » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:41 am

dolly llama wrote:Can anyone post current prices for the following brands per block and per sq mtr ??? Dimensions of the various blocks seem to vary a bit so that info would be appreciated also...

1) Q-Con

2) Superblock

3) Pro block

4) Smart block (20x60x7.5=18.5 at Gobal House)

5) Cpac AAC
(20x60x7.5=20 at HomeMart) on their CPAC internet site 23.4
(20x60x17=42 at HomeMart) on their CPAC internet site 46.8
(20x60x20=52 at HomeMart) on their CPAC internet site 62.4 just ordered from HomeMart yesterday for 52 baht two week delivery time.

Thanks
147SAG

Postby BKKBILL » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:18 pm

These have been this price for a few months now at homeworks here in BKK. Forgot to measure them but would guess 20x60x7.5
Attachments
IMGP3167.jpg
IMGP3168.jpg
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
BKKBILL

Postby dolly llama » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:45 am

Thanks 147SAG. I've gotten the prices of most of the other manufacturers except CPAC so now my survey is complete.

I discovered another player with a factory located in Rayong--"K-Block". Their prices sound reasonable and the representative (Scott) I talked to was very helpful. They claim their product absorbs much less water than the other AAC blocks because they use a different production process. And also uses regular cement... <www.k-block.com>

BKKBILL--what price are those blocks and who is the manufacturer? Don't think I've seen those yet. Thanks
dolly llama

Postby BKKBILL » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:15 am

Well the blocks are now gone but my guess would be 17 Baht per block in the photo the end of block reads THAICON.

Best be careful with with new process blocks. Try to find out the insulating factor.
BKKBILL

Postby dolly llama » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:53 am

BKKBILL--thanks for the info. I've found this on the K-Block site:

Thermal Conductivity--0.14 per Watt/m.K

???
dolly llama

Postby MGV12 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:06 am

For members based within a reasonable distance of Chiang Mai, I would also suggest you look at PCC [Piboon Concrete Co Ltd]; I have found them and their products to be excellent and very good value. We haven't used the 7.5cm block so I don't know the price but 10cm was 23THB, 15cm 36THB and 20cm [for load-bearing walls] 47THB and that's delivered around CM if in truckload quantities. The blocks are the Hebel-based type so do need the special cement and render. Apparently they make the blocks that CPAC sell under their own name. Also good for hollow core planks; again free delivery and fitting, including cutting around obstacles. 053 8494348 http://www.pcc-concrete.co.th

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby BKKBILL » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:47 pm

Thanks MGV12, That is a very informative site. Nice to have distances for solid and hollow core planks.
BKKBILL

Postby giri » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:15 pm

I sent Q block an email (theerapon_l@qcon.co.th) asking for quotes on there products and they told me to get in touch with our local dealer in Chiang mai for prices. I havn't been in touch yet but the contact is Tel. 053-441425 or 089-4337863 contact Mr.Book.
We have had quotes for Superblock in this area for 27B 600mmx200x100 and 19B for 600mmx200x75, the adhesive is more expensive than cement at 188B per 50 kg bag but if remember correctly will give a coverage of 10 sq mts which is a 100m run on a 100mm block which is good.
We are using this type of block because of insulation, easy to use, easy to make channels in for wiring, back boxes etc and they are also load bearing.
giri

Postby MGV12 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:41 pm

giri wrote:I sent Q block an email (theerapon_l@qcon.co.th) asking for quotes on there products and they told me to get in touch with our local dealer in Chiang mai for prices. I havn't been in touch yet but the contact is Tel. 053-441425 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              053-441425      end_of_the_skype_highlighting begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              053-441425      end_of_the_skype_highlighting begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              053-441425      end_of_the_skype_highlighting begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              053-441425      end_of_the_skype_highlighting begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              053-441425      end_of_the_skype_highlighting or 089-4337863 contact Mr.Book.
We have had quotes for Superblock in this area for 27B 600mmx200x100 and 19B for 600mmx200x75, the adhesive is more expensive than cement at 188B per 50 kg bag but if remember correctly will give a coverage of 10 sq mts which is a 100m run on a 100mm block which is good.

Hi giri

The company you should contact as you are in CM is PCC as they have done a fine job for me and I believe Max [Max & Bee] have also been happy with their products and service. They make the blocks locally and also supply CPAC who sell them at a higher price ... if you buy by the truck load ... which you undoubtedly will for a house build ... delivery is free and they are cheaper than Q-Con for the same quality of product. Their offices are just off the northern part of the Super Highway next to the big Tesco/Lotus. here are the contact numbers: http://pccnew.pcc-concrete.co.th/index. ... contact-us

giri wrote:We are using this type of block because of insulation, easy to use, easy to make channels in for wiring, back boxes etc and they are also load bearing.

Everything you say is true ... but they are only load bearing at 20cm width and more.

I really should be getting commission from PCC by now for singing their praises :lol:

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

PreviousNext

Return to material prices & building costs