concrete material

Anything to do with prices. Raw material prices or prices for finished material (or labor such as well drilling). Project prices (how much will it cost??), etc.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

concrete material

Postby thomas.fontaine » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:44 pm

For material in relation to concrete work (pillars, floor...), has anybody already worked out the cost per cubic meter when adding up cement, aggregate and sand, but excluding steel?
thomas.fontaine

Postby jazzman » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:03 pm

You will find this information in the extensive postings about concrete.
jazzman

Postby dozer » Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:44 am

dozer
Site Admin

Price update for CPAC

Postby jazzman » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:03 am

26 November 2008
Standard 180 steng for building houses. Rural amphur, Nong Bua lamphu province, Isaan

1,400 baht per cu.

For more information on concrete please visit the extensive articles on concrete on this forum
How to build a $20,000 / £14,000 house and a $???? MOTEL Updated 21 March 09 - with BOQ and costs
Don't let this happen in YOUR house.
jazzman

Re: concrete material

Postby tung » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:39 pm

ABOVE GROUND FLOORS:180 "Steng" @ B 1,300 - B1,530/cu
Cement: TPI Grade 199 "Green"

(you will usually be pouring this over pre-stressed concrete floor/ceiling slabs - pan peun (literally: plank concrete).

ABOVE GROUND COLUMNS/BEAMS: 210 "Steng" @ B 1,500 - B1,580/cu
Cement: Tiger Brand "Green" Boon Kiow

Found this, is it correct, if so.

What is used on ground floors plank concrete :D or ground column/beams :D
tung

Postby jazzman » Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:19 pm

Tung, if you are quoting something someone has already posted, it's a good idea to put it in quotes. That way , if the information was incorrect, the original author will get the blame for it :D. You can do this by clicking the 'quote' button, editing out what you don't want to keep (but don't delete the quote tags), then copying the text complete with it's code, and pasting it into another topic.

You can find the answers to your other questions by searching the board too. But for a quick reply, there are basically two ways of doing the ground floor:
pan peun laid across the ground beams, or like this where the spaces between the ground beams are filled with earth which acts as a support for the 10 cm concrete floor while it is curing.
How to build a $20,000 / £14,000 house and a $???? MOTEL Updated 21 March 09 - with BOQ and costs
Don't let this happen in YOUR house.
jazzman

Postby Sunpax » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:22 pm

Is it necessary to put concrete floor plank ...for the ground floor ???

I understand (maybe) that I will need to buy floor plank for the above ground (second structure)

But for the ground floor ? what is the best ???
Sunpax

Postby geordie » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:14 am

sunpax you can if YOU WISH use the planks on the ground floor
YOU do not have too you can fill up to floor height with soil and concrete over the soil if you have a large floor height from the ground it may work out cheaper to use the planks
you may unfortunately be suffering from several factors on prices not enough quotes for specific work try and find someone outside the local area builders tend to know each other and a phone call of i quoted a farrang xyz baht will be reflected on all quotes farrang rates
look at the cost of a garden wall a house wall is a little bit more involved but compare the two
your builders may be quoting a reasonable daily rate but are you getting a reasonable days work
Observe how many blocks are laid in a day and keep an eye on it things will slow down when you start the upper floor so be aware that the costs of the upper floor will be higher the more you increase production the lower the overall costs so be prepared to push harder set targets
abd ask why have they not been achieved
Costs of materials and labour can vary all over the country but you shoul acheive the same amount of work per day in pattaya as you would in chaing mai
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Postby Sunpax » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:54 am

Thanck you for your answer Geordie !

I am not going to pay workers by day , i don't fell enought strong for that and I don't have enought experience in construction ...to drive the work !!!

I am still looking for a builder for the work and I will buy material myself...

Here where I live ,in country but near the sea...the work is 2500 bahts for 1 m2 ! structure + electric + sanitary ect

Do you think it's expensive ?

ps: the ground floor will be at 50 cm hight !!! is it too much ?
Sunpax

Postby geordie » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:41 am

sunpax what i consider inexpensive to you may well be expensive
But i would say that was cheap again a brash statement because i have no idea what you will get for that money
1/2 a meter of dirt is no great cost so i personally would fill it also gives you a means of getting rid of the dirt from the foundations you can lay your drainage in the dirt before you concrete the floors
I know you are trying to keep costs to a bare minimum but be careful with certain things you have to use the right gauge of steel is one the right cement is another so the basic structure
is 100% solid a few shrinkage cracks are an easy repair but try and replace a colum holding a floor and a roof (all because it saved a few bht)
Start with a solid structure and if the money falls short cheapen up on the windows doors toilet fixtures tiles all of these can be replaced over time as finances recover
The thais can live with a cement floor?? and bare
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Postby fredlk » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:16 am

geordie wrote:Start with a solid structure and if the money falls short cheapen up on .......

Again, more wise words from geordie.
fredlk

Postby Sunpax » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:09 am

Yes Geordie I already plan do like this...I don't want save on steel ! I want a solide house ..

By exemple i will put the indoor doors next year...

I have already buy (last year with promotion ;) things for bathroom and kitchen

And i will make next year one extra room and terrasse for my bedroom upstairs also ( that is what i like the less to do ! but ...! )

By anyway...not easy ! but I need my house...and need to make some "concessions" because of time.

I am trying to drive my sens of perfection on a simple way ..loll and at my age not easy to change...but again I need my house so ! let do it this way !

The more difficult its to find a builder who do this way ! for the moment when i tell them that . they run away because they see..they cannot make money on my back...!

And who knows ! maybe will find some more money before the house finish :)

ps. "a propos" ciment floor nude (without tiles or ..) its very fashion to have ciment floor waxing this time ...but i look already and its horrible expensive !
Sunpax

Return to material prices & building costs