watse water . where dose yours go ?

Anything to do with the subject of water or plumbing. Any type of well (hand dug wells, drilled wells, etc.), plumbing (but not swimming pools) or any other discussion related to water.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope

watse water . where dose yours go ?

Postby bedbandit » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:39 pm

Where dose your waste water go ?. Im not talking about toilet water that goes to the septic tanks , im talking about waste water from sinks showers and washing machines.

im building a house in a small Moo ban and doing my own plumbing, im guessing i just lay a pipe to middle of our land (sugercane) and let it drain there but are there other options, ?
thanks
bedbandit

Re: watse water . where dose yours go ?

Postby Roger Ramjet » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:15 pm

bedbandit wrote:im building a house in a small Moo ban and doing my own plumbing, im guessing i just lay a pipe to middle of our land (sugercane) and let it drain there but are there other options, ?
thanks

You could always plumb it into a septic tank and let the overflow run along a French drain between the sugar cane. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_drain
Roger Ramjet

Postby olavhome » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:04 am

Making the house now and Our is going into a " French drain" in the garden. Will plant trees and scrubs along the drain and hopefully they can
re-use the the water. Been reeding "somewhere" plants like water coming from sink, bathroom and washing machine.
Made my own "grease trap" from 2 , 7 liter Jotun Paint boxes. Will later put a plant container on top to hide it :-)
But no proof yet :?
DSCF5955.JPG

DSCF5956.JPG
olavhome

Postby schuimpge » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:41 am

Did you cut slots in both sides of the drain pipe?
Can see the top only. Should be better to have both sides done
schuimpge

Postby MGV12 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:38 pm

If you are intending to use greywater for plant irrigation you will need to be very careful about what it contains. Here in LOS [where most washing of clothes and dishes is done in cold water] the detergents tend to be very aggressive and contain larger amounts of substances that some plants won't tolerate ... definitely not a good idea for vegetables or fruit that you intend to consume.

Here is just one of many sites that indicate some of the potential problems ... this one is based in California. Use of greywater during times of water/shortage or drought is better than nothing but otherwise as a permanent source would need some thought.

http://ecologycenter.org/factsheets/gre ... -products/

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Return to water and plumbing