HOUSE FILTRATION SYSTEM- EXPERIENCE WITH MASTER MODEL MP5?

Anything to do with the subject of water or plumbing. Any type of well (hand dug wells, drilled wells, etc.), plumbing (but not swimming pools) or any other discussion related to water.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope

HOUSE FILTRATION SYSTEM- EXPERIENCE WITH MASTER MODEL MP5?

Postby jeffandgop » Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:40 am

I am thinking of installing the Master Model MP5 to filter sediment & chlorine from the city water before the water enters my water tank.
Does anyone have any experience with this unit and if so, how well does it perform and maintain?
Thanks.
Attachments
IMG_3632.JPG
jeffandgop

Re: HOUSE FILTRATION SYSTEM- EXPERIENCE WITH MASTER MODEL MP

Postby Sometimewoodworker » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:57 am

jeffandgop wrote:I am thinking of installing the Master Model MP5 to filter sediment & chlorine from the city water before the water enters my water tank.
Does anyone have any experience with this unit and if so, how well does it perform and maintain?
Thanks.

The details look good if your mains pressure is high enough most of the time, it will filter almost all of the solids but I can't see anything to take out the chlorine, even though it claims it can filter it out with a 0.5 micron filter it can't you need activated charcoal for that. It will also depend on what else is dissolved in the water as to its effectiveness for making the water supply safe.

It also looks good from the point of not needing replacement filters.

In our village we almost never have the 30psi needed for the filter to work
Sometimewoodworker

Re: HOUSE FILTRATION SYSTEM- EXPERIENCE WITH MASTER MODEL MP

Postby jeffandgop » Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:04 am

Thanks for your info....
jeffandgop

Return to water and plumbing