Borehole water quality - help please?

Anything to do with the subject of water or plumbing. Any type of well (hand dug wells, drilled wells, etc.), plumbing (but not swimming pools) or any other discussion related to water.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope

Borehole water quality - help please?

Postby cliveshep » Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:59 pm

I originally posted this on Thai Visa before waking up a bit more and realising that most of the brains and experience are likely to be concentrated here!

My wife and I are moving, hopefully soon, from the UK. She wants to live in, possibly, the crescent area formed around Nakhon Pathum, Patham Thani, Ayuttaya, Nakhon Nayok. Her logic is that because of the floods property/land will be cheaper in that zone and if we live close to major roads and towns rooms to rent will be viable. I like Kanchanaburi province, near the lake but as she wants to do a room for rent business and that being important to her I bow to my beloved's wishes in the matter.

Reading on this forum about wells, municipal water, boreholes, rainwater harvesting etc and knowing full well from previous experiences the cost of utilities in LOS and the uncertainty of regularity and cleanliness of municipal supplies leads me to the conclusion that a borehole will be the way to go for us.

Leaving aside all possible issues of licensing borehole extraction etc can anyone advise on water quality in that part of LOS please? i.e is the idea a dead duck because of the iron contamination I've read about elsewhere or is borehole water in Patham Thani region out to and around Ayuttaya/Nakhon Nayok of reasonable quality.

Has anyone got and is using a borehole for water in that region?
cliveshep

Re: Borehole water quality - help please?

Postby Ians » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:02 pm

If you posted in the correct part of Thaivisa, I'm surprised you didn't get a response - assuming there is a response to be had.
You best bet is to go to "city hall" or the local water authority, assuming there is such an organisation in the area and ask there, probably better than relying on some of the "experts" you are like to find in social forums.
Ians

Postby schuimpge » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:00 pm

Aside from the spammer above me, late reply but can confirm that my fish have never complained about Pathum water.. Using it for the last 10 years and you can find their test reports on their website. Long time ago I checked, but they update very regular
Luc

<Appears the spammer had other matters to attend to elsewhere - mod>
schuimpge

Postby schuimpge » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:15 pm

schuimpge wrote:
<Appears the spammer had other matters to attend to elsewhere - mod>

One reason to revisit a thread nowadays is the funny Spammer Removal comments.. Bring it on.. :lol:
schuimpge

Return to water and plumbing