gun for toilet

Anything to do with the subject of water or plumbing. Any type of well (hand dug wells, drilled wells, etc.), plumbing (but not swimming pools) or any other discussion related to water.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope

gun for toilet

Postby Psychic » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:00 am

Hi,
Does anyone have a fix for this?
The water pressure from the pump keeps blowing off the little white gasket in the gun for the ass hose.
I have ran a different shutoff from the toilet line thinking if the pressure wasn't on all the time it would help.
But it works a couple of times and then stops again.
Thanks.
Psychic
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:55 pm

Re: gun for toilet

Postby schuimpge » Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:47 pm

Just put a small tap before the hose and turn it down to half or so
User avatar
schuimpge
 
Posts: 1367
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:01 am
Location: Pathumthani, Thailand

Re: gun for toilet

Postby schuimpge » Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:50 pm

Or if it's the nozzle that comes off, check if there's another plate inside, that is often the culprit, water holes in it are too small. Drill a couple of bigger holes in it and you're done
User avatar
schuimpge
 
Posts: 1367
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:01 am
Location: Pathumthani, Thailand

Re: gun for toilet

Postby Psychic » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:43 pm

schuimpge wrote:Just put a small tap before the hose and turn it down to half or so

Thanks I'll try that.I put a shut off valve in front of it. I'll see if it works at half on.
If not I'll try epoxy on the little gasket.
Psychic
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:55 pm

Re: gun for toilet

Postby Ians » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:44 pm

It is pointless fitting valves / taps in the line to reduce the pressure, pressure is pressure when ever the gun is shut - off - all the extra valve does is to reduce the pressure when it is in use which in turn reduces the flow rate. The best solution is to stop using Bht 100 guns and purchase high quality guns - I paid for expensive guns and in nearly 4 years there hasn't been 1 problem other than a couple having the spray holes blocking off from deposits in the water - easy fix - use one of SWMBO sewing needles to clear the blockage.
User avatar
Ians
 
Posts: 934
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:38 am
Location: Phitsanulok

Re: gun for toilet

Postby Psychic » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:31 pm

Ians wrote:It is pointless fitting valves / taps in the line to reduce the pressure, pressure is pressure when ever the gun is shut - off - all the extra valve does is to reduce the pressure when it is in use which in turn reduces the flow rate. The best solution is to stop using Bht 100 guns and purchase high quality guns - I paid for expensive guns and in nearly 4 years there hasn't been 1 problem other than a couple having the spray holes blocking off from deposits in the water - easy fix - use one of SWMBO sewing needles to clear the blockage.


I've tried a couple, a cheap one and a more expensive one both with the same issue.
Which brand did you use?
I was about to give up on it and bring something back with me next time.
Psychic
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:55 pm

Re: gun for toilet

Postby Ians » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:50 pm

Brand is Watson manufactured in Thailand (I believe) - all stainless steel construction - brought at HomePro Bht 699 each in 2011. Highly recommended - I needed to dismantle 1 as it had a slight leak, the valve seat is ceramic against rubber - the problem was a slight build-up of mineral deposit on the ceramic - cleaned if off and no other problems since.
Attachments
20150605_214136[1].jpg
User avatar
Ians
 
Posts: 934
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:38 am
Location: Phitsanulok

Re: gun for toilet

Postby Psychic » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:56 pm

Ians wrote:Brand is Watson manufactured in Thailand (I believe) - all stainless steel construction - brought at HomePro Bht 699 each in 2011. Highly recommended - I needed to dismantle 1 as it had a slight leak, the valve seat is ceramic against rubber - the problem was a slight build-up of mineral deposit on the ceramic - cleaned if off and no other problems since.


Great thanks. Looked at Watson for my shower, ended up with VRH which I've been happy with.
I'll get one next time at HP.
Psychic
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:55 pm

Re: gun for toilet

Postby Ians » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:57 pm

After saying never a problem - yesterday SHMBO say's "there is water all over the floor in the bathroom" yep there was - the bum-gun hose was leaking at some point just prior to the gun itself - the inner tube must have failed - guess it's a point of continual flexing and stress - easy fix went to HomePro and simply bought a new Watson gun and hose kit , picked a cheaper version of gun (plastic not S.S.)- for gun and 1.2 metre hose Bht 440. fixed in 5 minutes - then decided to have a shower - and guess what, the hose from the tap to the heater inlet blew-off at the tap end - easy fix with a bit of supper glue - now waiting for the 3rd hose failure - as it's sure to happen.
User avatar
Ians
 
Posts: 934
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:38 am
Location: Phitsanulok

Re: gun for toilet

Postby Psychic » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:35 pm

Ians wrote:After saying never a problem - yesterday SHMBO say's "there is water all over the floor in the bathroom" yep there was - the bum-gun hose was leaking at some point just prior to the gun itself - the inner tube must have failed - guess it's a point of continual flexing and stress - easy fix went to HomePro and simply bought a new Watson gun and hose kit , picked a cheaper version of gun (plastic not S.S.)- for gun and 1.2 metre hose Bht 440. fixed in 5 minutes - then decided to have a shower - and guess what, the hose from the tap to the heater inlet blew-off at the tap end - easy fix with a bit of supper glue - now waiting for the 3rd hose failure - as it's sure to happen.


Yep, had that happen too on one of the chealer guns. Took it apart and the plastic feed hose had ripped.
I was hoping the Watson was bulletproof.
I'm getting a bit weary of all the crappy products that have to be continually replaced.
Psychic
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:55 pm

Re: gun for toilet

Postby Ians » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:41 am

I would never expect any brand to be bullet proof, on this hose the point of maximum load / stress would be in this area so I accept the failure as part of life.
I might pull it apart at sometime to see why it failed - no urgency on my part to do it - a rainy day job.
User avatar
Ians
 
Posts: 934
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:38 am
Location: Phitsanulok

Re: gun for toilet

Postby cooked » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:00 pm

In three years I replaced the cheap bum gun twice. The toilet twice and the sink once. I bought cheap stuff as I will soon be redoing the bathroom completely but it does indicate that buying the cheapest stuff is a false economy. Dunno. Back home, all the stuff I put in 40 years ago still works.
Dolt: a dull or foolish fellow
cooked
 
Posts: 196
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:45 pm
Location: BuriramThailand since August 2012

Re: gun for toilet

Postby Ians » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:08 pm

Unfortunately, cheap here is exactly what it is -- cheap sh1t - the quality stuff in many cases is also very suspect so take some time to carefully look at and review what you are spending money on.
User avatar
Ians
 
Posts: 934
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:38 am
Location: Phitsanulok

Re: gun for toilet

Postby PNGeo » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:24 pm

Simple solution: get rid of it and use tissue! :wink:
PNGeo
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:47 pm

Re: gun for toilet

Postby Ians » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:34 pm

After 15 years with a bum gun, there is no way I would ever contemplate tissue again, never ever....
User avatar
Ians
 
Posts: 934
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:38 am
Location: Phitsanulok

Next

Return to water and plumbing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest