Toilet water level

Anything to do with the subject of water or plumbing. Any type of well (hand dug wells, drilled wells, etc.), plumbing (but not swimming pools) or any other discussion related to water.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope

Toilet water level

Postby Psychic » Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:32 am

This might have been asked/answered before but I was wondering why every toilet in Thailand has almost no water in the bowl
I just looked at the bowl in the place I'm renting, for instance, and the bowl is shaped like the water mark should be about halfway up but the water sits right at the bottom.
This seems to be the case in every place I've been here.
Is there a reason for this and what, if anything, can be done to get higher water levels?
TIA
Psychic

Re: Toilet water level

Postby Sometimewoodworker » Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:37 am

Psychic wrote:This might have been asked/answered before but I was wondering why every toilet in Thailand has almost no water in the bowl
I just looked at the bowl in the place I'm renting, for instance, and the bowl is shaped like the water mark should be about halfway up but the water sits right at the bottom.
This seems to be the case in every place I've been here.
Is there a reason for this and what, if anything, can be done to get higher water levels?
TIA

It could be a siphon problem so.
Vent the stack.
Sometimewoodworker

Re: Toilet water level

Postby olavhome » Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:00 pm

Maybe stupid of me asking: You kow there are at least 2 kinds of toilets,with high or low water Level? If been changing I would also check ventilation or if somethink is blocking the drain.
olavhome

Return to water and plumbing