Deep Water well results

Anything to do with the subject of water or plumbing. Any type of well (hand dug wells, drilled wells, etc.), plumbing (but not swimming pools) or any other discussion related to water.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope

Deep Water well results

Postby gliffaes » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:47 am

Had our deep water well (85 metres)results back today and it looks pretty good, ph is a bit high but Im not sure yet how this will or if this will affect anything...........any water experts??
Can w e now bottle and sell "Pranburi natural spring water" :lol: :lol: :lol:
Attachments
wtaer test.jpg
gliffaes

Re: Deep Water well results

Postby gliffaes » Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:27 am

ABOVE Should read ph a bit low, but we only have plastic piping although small hot water heater probably might have a copper tank in it.....though many these days are plastic.
gliffaes

Postby MGV12 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:37 am

gliffaes wrote:ABOVE Should read ph a bit low, but we only have plastic piping although small hot water heater probably might have a copper tank in it.....though many these days are plastic.

Our tested PH was 5.5 [72 metre bore] and after four and a half years of use no problems evident as of yet.

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby gliffaes » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:07 pm

MGV12 wrote:
gliffaes wrote:ABOVE Should read ph a bit low, but we only have plastic piping although small hot water heater probably might have a copper tank in it.....though many these days are plastic.

Our tested PH was 5.5 [72 metre bore] and after four and a half years of use no problems evident as of yet.

Im not a water lover but drank some today and it tasted better than the plastic tasting stuff out of the bottles..........I know you mean problems in damage caused by this ph :wink:
gliffaes

Postby Ians » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:56 pm

PH of 6 shouldn't cause any problems
See http://www.envcomm.act.gov.au/soe/soe20 ... gwater.htm
Ians

Postby oil » Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:06 am

thats the results from our well, but its by far not so deep, i think its round about 40 meters
Resuts where pretty good, just too much Iron and Manganese, but thats very often will drilled wells like that
Attachments
WaterAnalyse.pdf
(236.39 KiB) Downloaded 23 times
oil

Postby MGV12 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:00 am

oil wrote:thats the results from our well, but its by far not so deep, i think its round about 40 meters
Resuts where pretty good, just too much Iron and Manganese, but thats very often will drilled wells like that

Looks like you also have a slight turbidity as we do. I suspect our water comes from a moving source as the turbidity is sometimes evident and sometimes not ... independent of surface rainfall. There is evidence that sometime way, way back our land was part of a river bed. There is still a lot of surface sand around the area and digging down a metre reveals a sand/river stone mix. Fortunately we appear to be on the edge as adjacent land the surface is a couple of metres lower .... there is a dam/reservoir up the valley!

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby Psychic » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:15 pm

Hi,
I was wondering where these tests are done.
The earlier one looks like its a government source.
Just had a well drilled and I'd like to know if the water is drinkable.
How do I get a sample tested and what would the cost be?
Thanks.
Psychic

Postby MGV12 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:41 pm

Psychic wrote:Hi,
I was wondering where these tests are done.
The earlier one looks like its a government source.
Just had a well drilled and I'd like to know if the water is drinkable.
How do I get a sample tested and what would the cost be?
Thanks.

Mine was done at a government department just off the moat road in Chiang Mai. From memory cost about 1500 Baht

I imagine you will have something similar in your area. Perhaps the first step would be to ask whoever is responsible for your local 'village' water, or the local water department where bills are paid. Assume you will have already asked the guy who drilled your well ... he should know because actually it is law that well water must be tested before being used for domestic purposes; although, as with many things in LOS, usually ignored.

MGV12

Postby Psychic » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:30 am

Thanks, MGV.

No, no mention of testing by well guy. As you said, not a surprise.
But I'll call him and ask then go see the local water authorities.
Psychic

Return to water and plumbing