Water Heater For One Shower

Anything to do with the subject of water or plumbing. Any type of well (hand dug wells, drilled wells, etc.), plumbing (but not swimming pools) or any other discussion related to water.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope

Water Heater For One Shower

Postby claynlr » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:42 pm

Any suggestions on a make and model of an instantaneous water heater from Lazada? The kind that hangs on the wall by the shower head. It will only be for 1 shower.
claynlr

Re: Water Heater For One Shower

Postby Ians » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:23 pm

Depending where you live - if reasonably warm winters 3500w is usually ok, if cool / cold in the winter months go for 4500w. I just changed out a 3500 for a 4500 as I couldn't get a good reasonably hot shower during a couple of months in Phitsanulok. The incoming water was a bit cool and raising the temp. to something suitable meant cutting back on the flow thru' the heater giving a half arsed shower.
Ians

Postby pipoz » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:06 pm

Ians wrote:Depending where you live - if reasonably warm winters 3500w is usually ok, if cool / cold in the winter months go for 4500w. I just changed out a 3500 for a 4500 as I couldn't get a good reasonably hot shower during a couple of months in Phitsanulok. The incoming water was a bit cool and raising the temp. to something suitable meant cutting back on the flow thru' the heater giving a half arsed shower.

I will second that (Ians view).

I looked at a 3500W Hitachi and eventually settled on a 4500W Hitachi, for just a few more Baht, any it works great.

pipoz
pipoz

Postby Ians » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:19 pm

I purchased the following nice looking slimline unit, forgot what I paid - think about Bht 4500. Works well during the cool period gives plenty of hot water at good pressure.
Attachments
20141015_211030.jpg
Ians

Postby schuimpge » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:06 pm

Solar heater.. For a single shower, 3-4 person household.. 40k THB with a 150liter tank.. Never pay electric and always have hot water... Perfect..
schuimpge

Postby Sometimewoodworker » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:55 am

The one we have has digital readout and defaults to 34 degrees, it can be changed in single degree increments between off 32 and (AFIR) 42. It will keep the set temperature for about 5 mins after it's turned off then back to the default.

Having used this kind I would never go back to a dial/ knob version. I will be able to give details next week if needed.
Sometimewoodworker

Postby Ians » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:09 am

I disagree, keep it simple - a dial for temp. control is more than sufficient- digital is just more electronics to give trouble
Ians

Postby Sometimewoodworker » Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:03 pm

Ians wrote:I disagree, keep it simple - a dial for temp. control is more than sufficient- digital is just more electronics to give trouble

You disagree with what? I gave information and whai would do.
FWIW the heater is 9 years old and going strong.
Sometimewoodworker

Postby Ians » Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:57 pm

Sometimewoodworker wrote:
Ians wrote:I disagree, keep it simple - a dial for temp. control is more than sufficient- digital is just more electronics to give trouble

You disagree with what? I gave information and whai would do.
FWIW the heater is 9 years old and going strong.

Sorry, didn't mean to ruffle any feathers, just a badly worded reply - trying to say I think the digital are overkill and the dial type is sufficient - for 1, there is no default, meaning you don't have to set the temp every time you want a shower.
I've had 2 digital units both of which gave trouble at various time -- as did 1 dial type which was fixed in 10 minutes by replacing a rheostat for next to no cost.
Ians

Postby fredlk » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:02 pm

Ians wrote:I think the digital are overkill and the dial type is sufficient

I have mixer taps and a water-heater with no knobs, dials or buttons for settings.
I always found that whenever I stayed in a place that had one of those adjustable units it was either too hot when I switched it on or too cold.
Worst was when there wasn't even enough pressure to get it to work.
fredlk

Return to water and plumbing