SHOVEL

Anything to do with the subject of water or plumbing. Any type of well (hand dug wells, drilled wells, etc.), plumbing (but not swimming pools) or any other discussion related to water.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope

SHOVEL

Postby Andyfteeze » Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:44 pm

Ok guys, where in Thailand can I buy a decent post hole shovel. they are all copies of midget's loading pans here, lol.
a decent shovel that any decent Riverina farmer would use!
I asked my brother in law, and in his smart arse thai way said
we don't bury people , we burn them!
ok, so they are quite happy to keep using their pi pi, but its not my tool of preference for digging. I like to put my weight on and see that its digging in and and and......
short of importing a few heads, (any orders to make it worth while? lol) can I find one here, anyone , please!
Andyfteeze
 
Posts: 394
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:29 pm

Re: SHOVEL

Postby BKKBILL » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:29 pm

Don't know about post hole shovels but got a nice flat bottom "D" handle shovel from home pro a few years back it has got me through a few km. of trenches so far. Bought the same brand garden fork and it's useless tines keep bending. Certainly not using the same steel in both produces.
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
User avatar
BKKBILL
 
Posts: 2951
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 10:05 pm
Location: Mae Taeng, Chiang Mai

Re: SHOVEL

Postby Shastadad » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:50 pm

Your profile doesn't show where you are located and I have never heard of a "post hole shovel" but post hole diggers are available at True Value stores in Thailand

phd.png


go here and see what they have to offer in the way of shovels

http://www.truevalue.co.th/product.php?id=99
Shastadad
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:02 pm

Re: SHOVEL

Postby Andyfteeze » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:53 am

Thanks Shastadad, but not even close. Non of these are what I want. I am not a midget and i do have back problems when bent over too long, lol. Bkkbil
"Description:
The Cyclone Post Hole Shovel is a good general purpose shovel for digging, clearing deep narrow holes, pits, fencing and shallow trenches.

For over 100 years, Cyclone Digging Tools have been made in Australia, by Australians, to turn the harshest of soils. Blades are Australian agricultural grade steel with boron and titanium. The 2mm thick, heat treated steel delivers maximum tensile strength and durability. The Spotted Gum Australian Hardwood handle is lacquer sealed for protection against weathering and splintering and features a polished, sanded, peaked socket for additional strength, with no sharp edges.

2mm boron and titanium heat treated steel blade
Lacquer-sealed Australian spotted gum, contoured timber handle"
Having trouble loading the picture but you can see it if you google
"Cyclone Square Mouth Post Hole Shovel"
I think they are made in china, ironically, to australian specifications AND australian pricing to boot !
Nothing else will do!
Attachments
image.jpg
Best aussie invention, ever, lol
Andyfteeze
 
Posts: 394
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:29 pm

Re: SHOVEL

Postby Roger Ramjet » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:07 am

Andyfteeze wrote:The Cyclone Post Hole Shovel is a good general purpose shovel for digging, clearing deep narrow holes, pits, fencing and shallow trenches.

I'll tell you now, the shovel yo're talking about will have to be brought over in your "cabin baggage". Having swung off the end of many post hole shovels I can tell you point blank that Thais would take one look at it and throw a sickie for a week. It's a little like trying to find a real crowbar or real pick here, scares the pants off Thais just by looking at them so don't expect to find any of them here.
User avatar
Roger Ramjet
 
Posts: 5332
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:55 pm

Re: SHOVEL

Postby Andyfteeze » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:45 am

Thats what I have found. so yes, Roger, :D i have some friends coming over, and thats how it will happen. :D
Andyfteeze
 
Posts: 394
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:29 pm

Re: SHOVEL

Postby MGV12 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:30 pm

Andyfteeze wrote:Thats what I have found. so yes, Roger, :D i have some friends coming over, and thats how it will happen. :D


As you stated in one of your other posts:

Andyfteeze wrote:You can buy quality tools here in thailand. You need to understand they are not stocked by the stores, you have to order them in. They are more expensive, but


It's not Rocket Science ... simply adjusting to where you have chosen to pitch your tent ... isn't it?

A new life in Thailand can be a walk in the park or a perpetual pain in the arse .... at the day's end we have all chosen to walk the path we walked.

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
User avatar
MGV12
 
Posts: 5353
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:23 pm
Location: Chiang Mai

Re: SHOVEL

Postby Ians » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:19 pm

Roger Ramjet wrote:
Andyfteeze wrote:The Cyclone Post Hole Shovel is a good general purpose shovel for digging, clearing deep narrow holes, pits, fencing and shallow trenches.

I'll tell you now, the shovel yo're talking about will have to be brought over in your "cabin baggage". Having swung off the end of many post hole shovels I can tell you point blank that Thais would take one look at it and throw a sickie for a week. It's a little like trying to find a real crowbar or real pick here, scares the pants off Thais just by looking at them so don't expect to find any of them here.


Sickie for a week - more likely do a runner never to be seen again.
User avatar
Ians
 
Posts: 934
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:38 am
Location: Phitsanulok

Re: SHOVEL

Postby Andyfteeze » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:03 pm

Thanks mgv12 for spitting it back in my face, lol.
I think i was refering to power tools, seeing as how that was the context in that thread, but fair enough, i did say it, :lol:
But yes, i will order it in, hahaha :mrgreen:
Andyfteeze
 
Posts: 394
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:29 pm

Re: SHOVEL

Postby MGV12 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:04 pm

Andyfteeze wrote:Thanks mgv12 for spitting it back in my face, lol.
I think i was refering to power tools, seeing as how that was the context in that thread, but fair enough, i did say it, :lol:
But yes, i will order it in, hahaha :mrgreen:


You're welcome :)

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
User avatar
MGV12
 
Posts: 5353
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:23 pm
Location: Chiang Mai


Return to water and plumbing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest