Water Well Drilling in Udon Thani area

Anything to do with the subject of water or plumbing. Any type of well (hand dug wells, drilled wells, etc.), plumbing (but not swimming pools) or any other discussion related to water.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope

Water Well Drilling in Udon Thani area

Postby pipoz » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:53 pm

Has anyone drilled a well in the general Udon Thani area (say within 10kms of the city center, ideally on the south side of the City.

If so any details would be appreciated, such as what are the chances of finding water and how far down one might have to drill to get good quality water. Also any contact details of drilling contractors who work in the general Udon Thani area

pipoz
pipoz

Re: Water Well Drilling in Udon Thani area

Postby pipoz » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:17 pm

Just an update.

Have drilled down to 21m so far, hitting water at around 15m this morning. (South side of Udon Thani)
Am on the way down to 40m tomorrow, to be sure that I pick up from the better water from the lower aquifer and will the probably go for a Franklin submersible pump.

Will post the final costs, when I have them

pipoz
pipoz

Postby SilicaStorm » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:50 am

Pipoz,

So how did the well drill go?

What was your final depth?

What was the cost for the drilling?

Who did you use for the drilling?

Chok Dee Kup

SilicaStorm
SilicaStorm

Postby chippy72 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:09 am

Hi Phil
After a long hard graft I'm looking at getting back to udon soon and looking at drilling a well i see you have already done this can you let me no how you got on please thanks.
Shaun
chippy72

Postby pipoz » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:10 pm

chippy72 wrote:Hi Phil
After a long hard graft I'm looking at getting back to udon soon and looking at drilling a well i see you have already done this can you let me no how you got on please thanks.
Shaun

Hi I am on the south side between Ban Chan and Ban Tat.

Tried and drilled to around 30-35 m deep, at two different spots (about 60 meters from each other).

Found some water at that depth (apparently) but not drinkable according to the Driller an the TG. I wasn't there at the time and the Rig wasn't that big and couldn't go much further. So stpped drilling.

Then six months later the Town Mains (32mm pipe) & Meter appeared at the front Gate. So I went and bought 6 No Tanks and now fill them from the Town supply

So never went and drilled a deep hole :roll: and don't have any established Well

pipoz
pipoz

Postby sezze » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:39 pm

As far as i investigated it , Udon Thani is a hit and miss on ground water . Can have decent ground water under the surface , that is the 15m deep , but can even be more shallow then that . If you go deeper there are a few option . Hitting water , but it is salt water , hence the not usable one , and that is the majority around Udon area . You can hit nice clean fresh water also , but that chance is not huge , very hit and miss , depending on location . If you want to know for your area exactly , only way to know are well's in your neighbourhood , and even then it cannot been found . If striking shallow water , it needs to be purified for house use , but you can use it to water your lawn ( iron content maybe a issue but i'm not sure ) .
sezze

Postby Sometimewoodworker » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:10 pm

sezze wrote:As far as i investigated it , Udon Thani is a hit and miss on ground water . Can have decent ground water under the surface , that is the 15m deep , but can even be more shallow then that . If you go deeper there are a few option . Hitting water , but it is salt water , hence the not usable one , and that is the majority around Udon area . You can hit nice clean fresh water also , but that chance is not huge , very hit and miss , depending on location . If you want to know for your area exactly , only way to know are well's in your neighbourhood , and even then it cannot been found . If striking shallow water , it needs to be purified for house use , but you can use it to water your lawn ( iron content maybe a issue but i'm not sure ) .

Anything that shallow stands a very good chance of being contaminated with pesticides and fertiliser to get water that has less chance of those problems you need to go a lot deeper
Sometimewoodworker

Return to water and plumbing