well water

Anything to do with the subject of water or plumbing. Any type of well (hand dug wells, drilled wells, etc.), plumbing (but not swimming pools) or any other discussion related to water.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope

well water

Postby cruzing » Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:37 pm

We had our well water (regular hand dug well) tested in Bangkok and the tests came back that the water direct from the well is safe for drinking, no problems. I asked my husband about all the germies etc. and he said fine, nothing showed up.

BUT.............our water will still go through a big filter(PAT) in our pump room and 4 more filters before it comes into my ice-maker and tap, so I think we should have pretty good ice and drinking water.

I guess some of the workers had already been drinking the water from the well before we had the results. I don't know if that would have meant it's OK or they just have stomachs of steele. :D

Cruzing
cruzing

Well water

Postby Peter H » Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:45 am

Thais have stomachs of steele :roll: ,you may not. I do not know what kind of filters you installed. Do you have manganese, carbon filters and did you install some kind of UV filter or reverse osmosis. If this is in place you have perfect drinking water
Can learn everyday
Peter H

water

Postby cruzing » Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:20 am

As I said in my original post, they were drinking it BEFORE we had it tested. Then the tests in Bangkok came back that it is fine to drink straight from the well, not even any leaching left from the concrete; but my husband was really careful about that. We pumped the well out several times and drained the inside water tank several times.

We have a big filter in the pump room. This filter takes two 5 gallon jugs of medium to fill the filter. It then will go through a filtering system we got that is the same as the U.S. Navy uses on their ships, followed by a ceramic filter we purchased here. Our water in Bangkok just filtered through those filters tested higher quality than the supposedly best drinking water you could buy.

After the water goes through all these filters, it is filtered by another filter on my fridge for drinking and ice.

By the way I had reverse Osmosis in San Diego and our water quality now is better than that was. Adding UV is OK if you want to, but I don't think it's necessary for us. We have a UV filter, but I doubt we'll use it for the water for the house.

I'm not worried about the quality because as I said we were just using the one filtering system in Bangkok and I think our well water is better quality than BKK water. At least I know there are no broken or cracked water pipes before it gets to my house. :D

Cruzing
cruzing

Well water and 5 filters

Postby Peter H » Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:10 pm

Cruzing
Could you help me a bit. I want to test my well water, can you give me an exact address of such a testing laboratory.
Can you also tell me where I could buy such a ceramic filter.
Thanks a lot
Can learn everyday
Peter H

Re: Well water and 5 filters

Postby Attila » Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:07 pm

Peter H wrote:Cruzing
Could you help me a bit. I want to test my well water, can you give me an exact address of such a testing laboratory.
Thanks a lot

This is my solar power guy, and where I also got the pump for the 90 meter well. They do test the water also:

Siam Green Power International Co.,ltd.
Elgan Voigtmann
<elgan@siamgpi.com>

This is an engineer, not a salesman. He knows what he is talking about.

I got also an industrial strength 6000 liter water tank from him. This is UV resistant, and with 1 cm thick walls, pure PE. Not the cheap thin stuff you get on the street.

6000 liter for 50000 baht. Meaning 8334 baht for each 1000 liter. Which is not more expensive than the cheap quality plastic tanks in Homemart & co.
Attachments
tank6000liter.jpg
industrial strengt 6000 liter tank for 50000 baht from siamgpi. Made to order, you can even choose the color
tank6000liter.jpg (71.2 KiB) Viewed 3220 times
Attila

Re: Well water and 5 filters

Postby cruzing » Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:09 pm

Peter H wrote:Cruzing
Thanks a lot

Well, actually we took several bottles of water from the house and a thai friend of mine in BKK took it to have tested. She sells medical equipment, so I'm confident she took it to the proper place, but as for the address I have no idea. Where are you located exactly? If you don't find a place close by maybe I can find out the address. Maybe the one Attila suggested is just as convenient for you as the one in BKK

The ceramic filter we bought here, and added it on to the tail end of our filtering system we brought from San Diego. I can't remember, but seems like it was around 2000 baht at Home Pro. does that seem way too expensive? Anyway, brand name Mazuma. My husband may have gotten that one because of the fittings would work with our system.

Cruzing
cruzing

Water filters

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:51 am

Attila, Cruzing
Thanks a lot for the help. Members in this forum are always helpful.

Re: well water

Postby xaviercloitre » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:08 pm

<Post content removed due to infringement of forum rules - mod>
xaviercloitre

Return to water and plumbing