What I've been doing lately

Announcements and forum news!

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, Sometimewoodworker

dozer
Site Admin

What I've been doing lately

Post by dozer »

presume you have been having a rest, but the web site keeps going.
Actually quite the opposite. The hosting service suspended the site twice, the second time a permanent suspension. Was told 'we won't be doing business any more'. It had to do with a form mail program that allows the user to send me an email (on the original site) which had apparently been infected and was sending out numerous emails. After the first instance I had already corrected the problem, but apparently someone else read the original ticket and decided to shut the entire site down. I think they were one step from trying to get me indicted as a mass email spammer - gee I'd hate to end up in the slammer for just innocently hosting an innocuous web site.

When I inquired about the data (as if can I retrieve it) I was told -- what is the point?? Gee, and I thought customer service in Thailand was bad.

So then I happened to come across a 'advocate' at the same hosting company who got the account re-instated and begged me to stay. I guess it is the good cop bad cop all at the same company. Migration plans to a new server are in the works -- more on that later.

I also upgraded the forum softward which proved problematic. Co-incidentially my mother board blew out at about the same time. Later I had a problem with my computer power supply which I replaced, and as in the expression 'when it rains it pours' my all-in-one printer crapped out only 10 days after the warrenty expiration period.

The moral of the story is akin to Murphy's Law, stuff really does break right after the warranty is over and there is no such thing as plug and play software!
teletiger

Post by teletiger »

Innocuous website??. Hardly. Best in It's subject in Thailand. In any language, and we thank you for it. I'd also like to take this opportunity to thank all the other respondants for their imput.
regards
udon

Post by udon »

Seconded! :)
rsokolowski

Re: What I've been doing lately

Post by rsokolowski »

All in favor.... Aye, all against........... The motion passes, coolthaihouse.com is a great source of information for anyone building, planning on building, or dreaming about building a house in Thailand. Thanks for the great service.

Roy Sokolowski
Waialua, HI