Sourcing slotted PVC agricultural pipe

Specific to perimeter walls as of 17-May-05. If you're a reader in this phase of construction check in and update us on your thinking. Anything related to perimeter wall, entry gates, wire fencing or security.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope

Sourcing slotted PVC agricultural pipe

Postby ajarnudon » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:41 pm

I need about 80 metres of slotted PVC agricultural pipe to drain the foot of my retaining wall, as well as the geofabric sleeve to prevent the ingress of silt. Does anyone know where I can source it in Udon Thani?
ajarnudon

Re: Sourcing slotted PVC agricultural pipe

Postby Andyfteeze » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:52 pm

Make your own. use 100mm blue pipe and a small angle grinder. plung the grinder into the pipe at regular intervals and a straight line. place the pipe in the ground slots down. Back fill with stones/crushed rock. make sure you have a slope. as for fabric, your best bet is shade cloth. but no cloth works ok, just reduced life before the pipes clog ten years down the track.
Andyfteeze

Re: damp proof course

Postby ajarnudon » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:33 am

Thanks for the suggestions Andy. I had seen this suggested elsewhere (maybe by you?), but I was hoping to do it the easy way. Actually there may well be an upside to using rigid PVC pipe in that it should be easier to clean out if need be (screw cap, 22 1/2 degree bend, pressure hose).

<Moved to correct topic - mod>
ajarnudon

Postby Andyfteeze » Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:11 pm

Just leave some inspection points. It could be as simple as a T piece with a cap on a riser. You can buy cement boxes with cut outs. plastic ones are great but nobody here knows anything, lol.
The pipework is not that cheap but the joins and fittings are very cheap. The pipes come in different grades too. I used the cheaper grade where there is no traffic and the top grade for areas of traffic. The cheaper grade has a flange on one end but the expensive stuff doesn't, totally Thai in approach, WTF, lol.
Andyfteeze

Postby Jonathanzz » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:41 am

<irrelevant post removed - mod>
<contributions to the subject are welcome, irrelevant noise is not acceptable and will be deleted- mod>
Jonathanzz

Postby olavhome » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:25 pm

I did visit my local supplier in Buriram a couple of weeks ago and one of the staff showed me 10cm flexible pipe with slots just arrived at their shop.
However, have done the same myself with 10cm blue pipe and angle grinder and still is ok after 5 years.
DId make a trench, fill up 5 cm gravel, then the pipe, and topped up with ca 30 cm gravel.
Good luch with the angle grinder, myself was blue from top to toe:-)
olavhome

Postby canopy » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:47 am

homemart has 4 inch slotted pvc. i usually see it stocked but they also have a big catalog they can show you that they can order anything from.

global has high quality plastic valve boxes with lids.

geofabric? don't know. you will find even in america today straw placed above the pipes is used for this purpose and works very well despite what one might think.
canopy

Postby ajarnudon » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:44 pm

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I did the same as Andy and Olav around Xmas 2016 - but followups are always great for people about to encounter the same issue.
file.jpg
file.jpg (44.8 KiB) Viewed 129 times

The inside of the wall was given three coats of Shell Flintcote to stop moisture from the inside lifting paint off the outside. 2.5 x 30 cm slots were cut in opposite sides of 3 inch poly pipe every 60 cms, and wrapped in 3 layers of 80% shade cloth. These were surrounded by 30-40 cms of aggregate before the clay was backfilled. The rear and northern walls each had three 45 degree pipes attached in the vertical plane to allow e hose to flush it out if it becomes silted up at any time. In addition, in the bottom course of blockwork, every second joint was left mortar-free to act as a weep hole.
drainage.jpg
drainage.jpg (40.89 KiB) Viewed 129 times

After one full wet season there have been no issuues.
Cheers, John
ajarnudon

Postby pipoz » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:17 pm

Hi John

I bought two full rolls of 150 gram Geo Textile for TB 10,487 per Roll (including the VAT) Total Cost was TB 20.974 + plus about TB 1,000 for two boys to Deliver them to my doorstep.

Delivery was arranged by Bob

Each roll weights 50 kilo and the roll 3 meters wide x 100 meters long. i.e. 300 m2

Got it from:

Mr. Bob Manthey or his associate Pi Chai at Ruangsangthai Ltd.
114 Moo. 14 Buriram - Phutthaisong Highway 2074
Chum Het, Muang Buriram 31000
Thailand 066 044 666 484
Email ruangsangthai@gmail.com

pipoz
pipoz

Postby olavhome » Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:20 pm

Have also used the geotextile and got it from Mr Bob at Ruangsangthai.
But beware there are 2 or 3 qualities-use the best one. It is the most effective stopping weed coming :-)
Me Bob also showed me the 4 inch slotted drainage pipe on rolls --- unfortunately 5 years to late :-)
olavhome

Return to perimeter wall