Floor Plans

Any ideas for a new thread? Put them here.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Floor Plans

Postby thailazer » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:04 pm

Dozer......One category you might consider could be "Floor Plans". For those of us that are just getting started, that topic holds a lot of interest. Plenty of trouble to get into later on building of course, but having a thread where one might get inputs on floor plans might me useful.
thailazer

Re: Floor Plans

Postby geordie » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:26 am

Hi laser i think its easier to keep the floor plans and any discusions linked to the build story = sort of warts an,all
any reveiws or amendments just follow through an option would be put the plans in your gallery ? with a link for refferal to them that way as they change (if they change) the final build drawing only will apear on the thread ? build story minus the gallery link having the floor plan with the build story helps as you can flick back to the beginning of the thread and reveiw the plan (strange that its always at the start of a build story just after the land aquirement)
When it gets sticky is if there are several reveiws and the build fires up you look back at the wrong floor plan
Proposal 1 but the rooms are in the wrong place
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Postby Roger Ramjet » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:59 am

thailazer,
I can see major problems with plans being posted here. Firstly I could have posted mine, however, they are way too large for the scanner and there are over 100 pages, and mine are way way far from complete because that's gave me flexibility. For instance, I told the architect I didn't want anything in any of the rooms, no furniture, nothing. On the first set of roughs he had included furniture, and accessories in the kitchen, the way he wanted them to be, not the way I visualised them. Over the months the plans were in the process of being drawn and revised I took out everything he had put in. It was a major problem because he visualised from a Thai perspective, which is not what I wanted at all.
The end result of all this was an hour a day with the builder on site placing sinks, gas ovens, toilets, kitchen islands, spas, showers....and this has been going on now for two months so we get the plumbing etc right.
The solution might be to post web sites that have basic house plans?
Roger Ramjet

Postby thailazer » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:43 am

I see those points, and having one build story that includes floor plans would be great. If a person hasn't established a floor plan however, getting inputs from the forum would be helpful. Just proposed the suggestion per Dozer's request for new ideas.
thailazer

Postby dozer » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:15 pm

I modified/enlarged the description of this already existing forum to include a place to post and have discussion of house designs.
House Design Forum

I moved the associated thread to the forum. If you notice any other older threads than should now be included in this forum please post the link here and I will move it if appropriate.
dozer
Site Admin

Return to suggestions for new threads